Translate

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Something Random: Psy- "Gangnam Style"

Verde here!

I just thought I'd share this with anyone that came across this blog.

If your into Korean pop culture, like I am, I'm sure you'll appreciate this.


I suggest everyone fall in love with the song, "Gangnam Style" by Psy. It's epicness cannot be expressed through words alone!!! This song is funny and refreshing -- very different from the usual kpop music videos where many singers act very serious, heartbroken, and the like. You get my point, right? The first time I saw the music video, I thought it was a joke. Not the "Ha ha, that's so funny!", I mean the "You've got to be kidding me, right?" The reason I acted that way was because I was used to watching music videos with the singers in boxed sets trying to express there sadness, loneliness, and sexiness. Not that I mind that, it's just that most music videos nowadays are like that.

After I finished watching the music video for "Gangnam Style", I thought for a bit. I just came to realize that I was being to judgmental and narrow-minded. Why shouldn't I like the song just because it's something different? So I went back and watched it again with fresh eyes and a fresh mind. I was laughing through the whole thing--this time the "Ha ha, that's so funny." kind. I noticed all of the different celebrities and symbolism incorporated into the music video. I couldn't fully appreciate it, though. It's not because I didn't want to, I didn't have the knowledge to understand the full meaning of being Gangnam style. So, I did a little research and found out that Gangnam is a posh area in South Korea. I can't really explain it since I've never been to Korea. *goes in a corner to mope* I vow that I will one day!

Here's the music video: Psy - "Gangnam Style"


But until that happens, check out the music video review by Simon & Martina at Eat Your Kimchi.
Here's a little link! http://www.eatyourkimchi.com/kpop-psy-gangnamstyle/
And check out their version of "Gangnam Style"!

Eatyourkimchi Style by simonandmartina

2 comments:

  1. Is it possible that you two could id urselves when u post?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Verde: We're working on that at the moment. limp yakisoba is pretty busy in the "real world" at the moment so she hasn't been able to post anything. I've been the only one posting so far.

      Delete